Sunday, May 6

No, I don't wanna read yr thoughts anymore

So, I finally listened to some of the new albums I had lying around and waiting to be heard....

First in line: Cocorosie...my dear....it did not impress me...in fact, at times it bored the hell outta me...the voice annoyed me waaaay too much (just like it happens with Joanna Newsom...) and the instrumentals left me cold... One of the few tracks that don't piss me off to much is Japan....and it is below...

Cocorosie - japan


I finally listened to Kings Of Leon's "Because Of The Times" which is pretty good...It'll definetely grow on me...although I can't really say it blew me away... The sound is basically the old style with some new elements... please note that I always thought KOL were a fucking great band...

Kings Of Leon - Knocked Up


The new Bright Eyes is okay as well... There is one track that bores me to tears "Make a plan to love me"..it just sounds lifeless and it's incredibly boring... and here's the problem with the new album... If you don't have an aquired taste...I bores the hell outta you... I'm not saying the rest of Oberst's music is highly catchy... it just wasn't boring... "Cassadaga" can easily be...

Bright Eyes - Four Winds


The new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club came as a wave of joy... God, these guy are FANTABULOUS!!! Brilliant! Nothing can stop them.... It's the 3rd best album of spring....(first is "Myths of The Near Future", second is "Favourite worst nightmare")...My fave is "Berlin"...it just has a great energy....

BRMC - Berlin


And here's a cherry from the top of the cake...The first Interpol single of "Our Love To Admire"....I don't have the album yet, but this song, "The Heinrich Maneuver" made me happier than the BRMC album...It's so brilliant I just want to hug Paul,Daniel, Carlos and Sam...

Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver

No comments: