Wednesday, March 7

Come With Me, We’ll Travel To Infinity


  1. Clap, Clap Sound

The ‘end of the world’ finally came, the day I’ve been waiting for…The Klaxons gig. So I did my routine before each gig that takes place on a school day: cut queue at resto, eat fast, grab tram back to dorm, hyperventilate, get dressed for gig, freak out, run out the door, grab tram to concert location. And I found myself waiting in a queue to enter the venue. 20:30 and we’re in (sounds familiar, right? Just like The Rapture gig…20:30 on the ticket, 20:30 ouverture des portes). The opening act was neither Metronomy nor Twisted Charm…but a rather crappy French act named Apple Jelly. Let me put it this way: they were trying to sound Madchester, but we didn’t have the drugs and they didn’t have the Manchester birth certificate. Some people were dancing and singing along, but most just set there, rather unimpressed may I add. The band finished their performance in about half an hour and there came the stage engineers setting up the place for the "dernier avatar en vogue de la géneration MySpace"…

  1. The Four Horsemen

And, yes…At about 22:00, our fave ‘prophets’ got on stage. And here’s were I lose it….The first song was “The Bouncer”. And people started bouncing and pushing in all directions, it was a real mosh-pit…if at the beginning of the gig I was about 2 meters from the stage, at the half of the first song I was next to the stage. I somewhat lacked air (all those people....) and I had sweated more than in the last 5 months…but I just couldn’t stop dancing…In fact, no one could. Fluorescent bracelets flew above the crowd, people got up on stage and threw themselves back into the crowd, while the 4 Londoners were providing a great soundtrack (may I say “Blimey! They are brilliant live!”). The crowd did exactly what Klaxons want their listeners to: forget everything and party like there’s no tomorrow, ‘choose life’ only to celebrate the hedonistic spirit of rave. I will also have to admit I am quite unsure when/ where did the concert went…but, hell, it was a fab way to go…And, yes…yet again, I find myself on the subway, so tired I was trembling and humming “tutututututu”…Magick, baby! Pure magick!

No comments: