Saturday, April 21

Fucking Amazing For 5 Euros


Time: 6:30 pm…I leave home, heading towards Grand Zero (apparently one of the indiest venues in Lyon). 7:30…I finally get there. No one in front of the bar and the doors are closed…hm…around 8:00…people start gathering in front of the venue, all waiting for what was going to be a fucking amazing gig…8 something…the doors open and I prepare the 5 euros I am going to pay for the gig (it was a concert with ‘prix libre’…each person gave how much they wanted/could….)…9:30ish….finally, the opening act, Clara Clara, starts their performance. This noise rock experimental French group…may I say…people jumped around…danced….and the band….they were fantastic….their performance convinced my to buy one of their demos…10:30ish and finally the trio we were all there for got on stage: DEERHOOF….Fucking amazing…Naturally, the crowd moshed, jumped, people flew over the crowd, people were hurt…I moshed a bit, but it seems I have this strange repulsion towards moshpits ever since the Klaxons gig…I particularly adored the drums…The drummer has got lots of energy…and the three band members did really seemed impressed by the great reaction the crowd had towards their music…They played for an hour (I must say, lucky me...they played ‘Milking’…my favorite song…)….and gave away their best…So, after an hour, I was on my way to metro D, praying I’d catch the last tram…which I did…

No comments: