Sunday, April 22

La nouvelle scene française Part 2. aka The Ones I Like

Although i can't say that ‘la nouvelle scene française’ gets my groove on (remember this post?)….there are certain bands that are totally worth it...

I love UFO sound like a blast of energy, they have great drums and I instantly fell in love with the vocals...

I Love UFO - Like In The Movies.mp3

Stuck In The Sound
make me feel all hyper… and they just have fabulous song titles…

Stuck in the Sound - Never on the radio.mp3


The Kissinmas
draw influences shamelessly from the British dance punk movement… yet, they manage not to sound like ‘trying to be British’… The result: a blast of energy and a band that could be mistaken for a British one….a bloody good one…

The Kissinmas - Disco Punk (Is Too Easy).mp3


The Love Bandits are slightly funkier… and I do believe they give the late 90’s French electronic scene some credit…

The Love Bandits - She Loves Sex.mp3


Los Chicros fool you… if you hear “Diskonoise” you might think they are some indie-dance act… Thus, the rest of the album comes as a surprise… it’s folkier, more acoustic… And it really sounds good…

Los Chicros - Diskonoize.mp3


The Clerks
were one of the three bands that performed at Inrock Indie Soiree in Lyon… (the other two were The Sunshine Underground and The Automatic)… Blemey… I couldn’t believe there are French… The English accent was perfect… Well, besides that, they do this danceable pop-punk that isn’t far to innovative but is fun….


I saw Arpad Flynn and The Mockings in December ’06… Ninkasi… as always… And I was amazed… Arpad Flynn are this art-rock band from Lyon… somewhere between Sonic Youth and Joy Division….that know how to give a great energetic live performance…The Mockings are also from Lyon….Their style is more of Bowie meets Led Zeppelin meets New York Dolls…I like them….

Unfortunetly, I do not have anything from the last three acts... so, if anyone who reads this has songs of theirs... could you please... *big grin**puppy eyes*

No comments: