Tuesday, April 17

Sometimesisbetter....


Trying to pass as french, four guys from Liverpool charmed me with their name : Hot Club De Paris... I didn't care what type of music they did, where they came from... I just knew I wanted their music... So I bought their album without ever hearing a song... a short album, lacking moments of slownnes and not letting the listeners rest a bit - and it's doing just fine like this -, with dazzling drums, strong punk influences, with a song that has a Clockwork vibe - (not) surprisingly intitled "Clockwork Toy" -, with sharp, funny, unexpected lyrics - "Me and my shock realisation that suddenly I didn't nearly say 'good morning! I'm yr local lonely cyclist, yr lonesome adopted small town kid'" -, with a british accent specific to Alex Turner, which they turn in order to fit their own desires and use it fully to their advantage... An album made for those who have too much energy, cause "the night's too young for the punk rock kids like us to grow old"....

Hot Club De Paris - Hello, I Wrote A Song For You Called "Welcome To The Jungle"

No comments: